Information Technology Analyst
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ANALYST
March 27, 2019
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office. All applicants must complete and return an application for employment for each position they wish to be considered for. The application for employment should be directed to Major Randy Dolphin, Operations Commander at 410 E. 2nd Avenue, Pine Bluff, AR 71601 no later than the closing date set forth below.
JEFFERSON COUNTY – SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Position Title: Information Technology Analyst
Reports to: Major of Operations
Under the direction of the Major of Operations and in support of the Sheriff, performs a variety of responsible professional, administrative, analytical and technical duties related to performing installation, maintenance, and operation of Information Technology hardware, software and network communications services, including telephone systems.
The Information Technology Analyst is an expert-level and/or front-line support technician who directs and performs complex installation of hardware and software. Incumbent requires specialized technical and functional expertise. The IT Analyst possesses and utilizes more advanced technical skills than other IT Technicians or similar level positions. Incumbent exercises independence and authority over assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivers helpdesk face-to-face support. Involves assistance to users who are connected to in-house networks such as local area networks, distributed mainframe systems, and to the Internet. Provide end-user with initial training in computer and network facilities and applications ensuring users' efficient and effective utilization of applications and equipment
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves complex problems with central and distributed computer, network, and telephony services
- Diagnoses, repairs, and adjusts computer hardware, software, network systems, personal digital assistants (PDA), and wireless services
- Creates, adapts, and customizes existing programs and operating systems to meet end-users' requirements
- Initiates and maintains desktop security through operating system service packs, anti-virus services and ongoing upgrades and improvements to end-user computer systems
- Evaluates, tests and maintains vendor supplied software packages. Installs updates, determines compatibility with existing system, ease of use, and if software meets end-user needs
- Evaluates workload and capacity of desktop computer infrastructure to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing computer operations. Establishes work priorities, and evaluates cost and time requirements
- Undertakes various housekeeping and reporting functions for the area of responsibility, including hardware and software inventory, data center maintenance, installation site-surveys, software testing, and monitoring of network resources
Education and/or Experience:
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for successful job performance. Example combinations include: Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or very closely related field, industry-recognized Certifications in current network infrastructure, and three (3) years related work experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices regarding central and distributed computer networks, communications and telephony services provided to Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques; expert skill in installing, repairing, and maintaining computer and/or communications hardware and software
- Strong aptitude in developing, evaluating, and interpreting narrative and technical reports, correspondence, contracts, work orders, training materials, and other necessary materials for assigned functions
- Skill in maintaining and establishing working relationships, communicate effectively both orally and in writing with vendors, consultants, staff, and county officials.
- Ability to direct technical personnel, delegate responsibilities, and mediate issues to the benefit of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Ability to execute work goals and agency projects per division commander; assign and coordinate work projects, such as planning and configuring new hardware or software;
- Conduct research and perform multiple duties simultaneously
- Exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control, and planning
- Independently problem solve and take initiative
- Train users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management
- Ability to maintain technical competency through career-long learning
- Sustains proficiency through industry-recognized certifications, studies technical journals or manuals related to current computer and network infrastructure
- Attend vendor seminars via Internet or in-person to learn about new computer hardware and software; writes project reports and documentation for new or modified software and hardware configurations; respond to problem situations in an effective and tactful manner
- Ability to attend meetings, events and/or be on-call for routine systems maintenance; ability to perform other related duties as required
Possession of and ability to maintain a valid Class C Arkansas Driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
Ability to successfully pass a thorough background investigation including but not limited to a psychological examination, polygraph, and medical examination
Position may require on-call status during non-office hours for routine system maintenance and/or emergencies
Physical, Mental, Environmental Conditions:
Environmental Conditions: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends from time-to-time. Position may require on-call status during non-office hours for routine system maintenance and/or emergencies.
Physical Conditions: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift and carry 40 lbs, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
The applicant will need to complete an application by either going to jeffcoso.org or coming to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office at 410 E. 2nd Avenue, Pine Bluff, Arkansas. The applicant will be able to pass a psychological testing, background interview, physical and drug screen. Successful applicants will then be scheduled to meet with the Sheriff and his designee for an interview.
Applicants who appear to meet the required selection criteria and most closely match the requirements of the position will be advised in due course.
Successful applicants will earn $40,000.00 annually plus benefits.
Closing Date for Applicants
“Open until filled”
Interested and qualified applicants, please download our application for employment. Download and view the full employment announcement. Fill the application out on your computer, print the completed application out, sign it, have it notarized and then turn it in to the Operations Commander, Major Randy Dolphin at 410 E. 2nd Avenue in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
TO READ DOCUMENTS If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can obtain the free software at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.