Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO). We are always accepting applications from CERTIFIED Officers or otherwise potential applicants. Preference can be given to those applicants who are Arkansas certified law enforcement officers in good standing with Arkansas’ Commission on Law Enforcement Training and Standards (CLEST). Please review other employment opportunities with our juvenile and adult detention facilities.
Hiring qualified candidates can only be accomplished if qualified applicants are encouraged to work for the JCSO. The effort to recruit a qualified workforce is the responsibility of every JCSO employee. This agency also calls upon community leaders and interest groups to support our employment effort.
Fill the application out on your computer, print the completed application out, sign it, have it notarized and then turn it in to Major Lafayette Woods, Jr. at our main office located within the Jefferson County Circuit Courthouse at 101 E. Barraque Street, Suite 112 in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
As required by the (CLEST) and this agency, some of the requirements for becoming a Deputy Sheriff with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office are:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States
- Applicants must reside in Jefferson County
- Applicants must be free of felony convictions
- Applicants must be 21 years of age
- Applicants must have completed High School or possess a GED
- Applicants must possess a valid Arkansas Driver's License
- Applicants must pass an extensive background investigation
- Applicants must pass a psychological exam
- Applicants must pass a physical exam
If you are interested in becoming a member of personnel here at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, please click HERE to download our application for employment.
TO READ DOCUMENTS If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can obtain the free software at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.