Dub Brassell Detention Officer
Thank you for your interest in our W. C. 'Dub' Brassell Detention Center. We are always accepting applications from Interested and Qualified Applicants.
Applicants who appear to meet the required selection criteria and most closely match the requirements of the position will be advised in due course.
Preference can be given to those applicants who have already undergone related jail standards jailer course.
Hiring qualified candidates can only be accomplished if qualified applicants are encouraged to work for the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). The effort to recruit a qualified workforce is the responsibility of every JCSO employee. This agency also calls upon community leaders and interest groups to support our employment effort.
As required by jail standards and this agency, the requirements for becoming a Detention Officer with the Dub Brassell Detention Center are:
Applicants must be a citizen of the United States
Applicants must be free of felony convictions
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
Applicants must have completed High School or possess a GED
Applicants must possess a valid Arkansas Driver's License
Applicants must pass an extensive background investigation
Applicants must pass a psychological examination
Applicants must pass a physical examination
The most apparent job duty of a detention officer involves providing safety and security to incarcerated individuals. Job duties within this capacity often include:
- Monitor detention facility to ensure secure has not been compromised
- Supervising detainees throughout the day, including meal time and recreational time
- Completing daily reports
- Completing incident reports when violence or disorder erupts
- Providing intensive security for detainees with higher risk or security status
- Enforcing the rules and regulations of the detention facility
- Reporting breaches of security or inappropriate behavior to supervisors
Basic Jail Training curriculum includes the following:
- Ethics & Professionalism 2 Hrs
- Facility Rules & Regulations 6 Hrs
- Fingerprinting 4 Hrs
- Search of Persons 2 Hrs
- Prisoner Transportation 2 Hrs
- Practical Exercise: Searches, Handcuffs & Prisoner Transport 4 Hrs
- Special Needs Detainees: Suicidal Mentally Ill Communicable Diseases 4 Hrs
- Escape Prevention 2 Hrs
- Cell & Area Search 2 Hrs
- Jail Documents 3 Hrs
- Sudden In-Custody Deaths 1 Hr
- Constitutional Rights 1 Hr
- Courtroom Testimony 1 Hr
- Occupational Stress 2 Hrs
- Communication Skills 2 Hrs
- Use of Force 2 Hrs
Interested persons should click HERE to download our application for employment. Fill the application out on your computer, print the completed application out, sign it, have it notarized and then turn it in to Jail Administrator, Joseph Gorman at 410 E. 2nd Avenue, Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601.
TO READ DOCUMENTS If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can obtain the free software at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.